Thursday, January 10, 2013

Why is the easy stuff always so difficult?

So my smartphone has been giving me problems. I took it to the Verizon store yesterday to have it checked...they updated it and sent me on my way. 24 hours later...it is frozen again...SOOOO.
 I go back to the Verizon store....this time they clean sweep my phone. While this is kind of a pain, what really stinks is that I can't remember my password to my google account I do not use. It is on my phone and it is automatically linked to my computer. It is written down somewhere, but I can't find the notebook with the password. SOOO....
 the salesman sends a recovery request to goggle and tells me to go home and wait.........
And when I get home, I find the notebook, type in the password and it works fine... and that would be a happy ending if that were the ending...but no...
'Several hours later I get an email from Google saying you need to submit in triplicate why we should allow you to use your Google email since we have to help you recover your password.
All I need to do is send an email back to a person saying....sorry, my fault, I just couldn't remember the password,but I found it and all is good....

 but no... now ensues a long painful process of trying to recover a password and verifying that I am who I am and all I want to do is send emails,make phone calls, take pictures and blog to my friends....

so the plot thickens... stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Well, thanks for asking! So far, so good. I have changed all my passwords and everything seems to be working for now. I am not holding my breath though! I have a fear that any day now, all communications will be lost. Google has not contacted me and maybe they are not as concerned as I thought about helping me find my lost passwords. So why worry about things that haven't happened. For now, I will make my phone call, check my emails and blog to sweet friends like you!

    ReplyDelete