Tuesday, November 8, 2011

HEY!! That's not fair, giving a guy a shot down there!

So let me start by saying that I have been revisiting my favorite Saturday morning commercials! Yes, back in the day, there were not that many commericals and you actually had to watch cartoons on Saturday morning if you were going to see them for the whole week. Eeek! Imagine the horror!
I an speaking of School House Rock. I have them on video Cassette and  I wanted to show these to Abby and the kids at the school I am teaching, but they really don't use Video cassettes anymore! I mean really, why not? So I got the DVD and Abby and I have been watching them nonstop. I love that she seems just as excited as I am.
Okay, there really is a point somewhere and I am just about to get to itm maybe. Actually there are 2 points. The kids at my school really do not know a lot about grammar or history and I thought the School House Rock would be a good way to remember simple things like: conjunctions, adjectices, The Preamble....you get my drift. The second point is today, I could have used a couple of interjections at the Doctor's office. I had a nodule on my Thyroid biopsied and when they stuck that very SMALL needle in my throat. I wanted to say, HEY! OUCH! YIKES! but since I was told not to breathe, swallow, talk or make any movement, I just sat there.
So in honor of what i wanted to say, I thought I would give you the link the the interjections song and let you stroll down memory lane!

Interjections

No comments:

Post a Comment